DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
Information to individuals acting on behalf of the participant
- Since the participant in the Competition is a legal entity as set out in article 1.1.i) of the Competition Rules, this Data Privacy Statement applies to any personal data of any physical person related to the legal entity participating in the Competition in case such physical person needs to provide any personal data in order for the legal entity to be able to participate in the Competition. Electrolux would like to provide the individual acting on behalf of the legal entity with information about what information about the individual (the individual’s “personal data”) Electrolux collects, what Electrolux uses it for, with whom Electrolux shares it and what rights the individual has.
- The controller of the personal data is AB Electrolux (publ), Sankt Göransgatan 143, 105 45 Stockholm, Sweden.
The types of personal data Electrolux collects
- Electrolux may collect the following types of personal data:
- Data collected when the participant is registering for the Competition being contact information – such as name and e-mail address;
- Data collected when the individual is visiting our website such as page views, traffic flows, search terms and click throughs collected through cookies and other automatically collected data to provide the individual with and to improve our websites, and
- Information that the individual voluntarily provides Electrolux such as through support contact forms and other support channels.
- The individual may choose not to provide certain types of personal data to Electrolux. If the individual chooses to do so, this may affect the legal entity’s participation in the Competition. However, unless otherwise specified, the individual’s choice not to provide such information will not result in legal consequences for the individual.
Why Electrolux processes the individual’s personal data and the legal basis for the processing
- Electrolux may use the individual’s personal data for the organization, registration, selection and any other activity necessary exclusively for the purpose of the Competition. The processing is necessary for Electrolux’ legitimate interest to perform the Rules and thus the Competition with the legal entity (see article 1.1.i)) that the individual represents.
- Electrolux may process individual’s personal data for the purposes of improving its website. The processing is necessary for Electrolux’ legitimate interest to improve and optimize its website. Electrolux will, to the extent possible, use anonymized data in this context. When individual’s personal data has been anonymized, it will no longer be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws.
- When the individual requests support through Electrolux’ contact forms or its other support channels, Electrolux will process his or her personal data to be able to assist him or her with the relevant matter. The processing is necessary for Electrolux’ legitimate interest of maintaining good relationships with its participants in the Competition.
Information that Electrolux shares
- For the Processing purposes set out above, Electrolux may share or disclose the individual’s personal data:
- As required by law, to comply with legal process and/or to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- With companies within the Electrolux group;
- With service providers and suppliers that provide [describe services (e.g. storage, communication and IT support)] services to Electrolux;
- When sharing personal data with a third party, Electrolux requires that such third party agrees to protect and handle the individual’s personal data in accordance with all legal, regulatory and contractual obligations, or other instructions Electrolux provides to them.
The individual’s rights under EU/EEA law
- The individual has the following rights in relation to Electrolux’ processing of his or her personal data:
- Right to access – Individual is entitled to receive information about Electrolux’ processing of his or her personal data. Individual is also entitled to a copy of his or her personal data.
- Right to rectification – Individual is entitled to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Right to erasure – Under certain circumstances, individual is entitled to have his or her personal data erased (“right to be forgotten”). Please note that the right to erasure is conditional and an attempt to invoke this right might not lead to an action.
- Right to restriction of processing – Under certain circumstances, individual is entitled to restriction of the processing of his or her personal data. Please note that the right to restriction is conditional and an attempt to invoke this right might not lead to an action.
- Right to data portability – Individual is entitled to receive his or her personal data (or to have the personal data directly transmitted to another data controller) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format from Electrolux.
- Right to object – Individual is entitled to object to any processing for direct marketing purposes and any processing based on the legal ground “legitimate interest”.
- Lodge a complaint – Individual has the right to lodge a complaint with the Swedish supervisory authority regarding Electrolux’ processing of his or her personal data.
- If the individual has any questions regarding these rights, or if the individual would like to exercise any of these rights, the individual may do so in writing or via email (see “How to contact us”).
Security of the individual’s personal data
- Electrolux will take appropriate technical and organizational measures in line with applicable data protection laws, including requiring our service providers, business partners or professional advisors to use appropriate measures to protect the individual’s personal data.
Storage of the individual’s personal data
- Electrolux will store the individual’s personal data up until 30 June 2019. However, if Electrolux is required under applicable law to retain the individual’s personal data for a longer period, Electrolux will process data for such longer period. If so, Electrolux will only process the individual’s data to fulfil the requirement under applicable law.
- As a global company, Electrolux may store the individual’s personal data in the European Union (EU), in the European Economic Area (EEA) or in other locations where Electrolux or Electrolux’ service providers and suppliers are located or have servers.
- Electrolux may transfer the individual’s information between Electrolux group companies or transfer information to Electrolux’ international third-party service providers and suppliers acting on Electrolux’ behalf, for the purposes described in this Data Privacy Statement.
- In connection with the above, the individual’s information may be transferred to a country outside of the EU/EEA which may not provide the equivalent level of data protection as the EU/EEA. Electrolux provides appropriate safeguards and protections for such cross-border transfers as required by law, including the use of Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission, Code of Conducts and/or Binding Corporate Rules. The individual may request a copy of these documents by contacting Electrolux at the address below.
How to contact us
- If the individual wants to exercise the individual’s data subject rights or if the individual has any other questions concerning this Data Privacy Statement, please submit the request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates to this Data Privacy Statement
- Electrolux may update this Data Privacy Statement. Any changes to this Data Privacy Statement will become effective as of the date it is published, or as otherwise required by law.